চবির শিক্ষার্থীদের জন্যে রেড ক্রিসেন্টে IMO পদে নিয়োগ বিজ্ঞপ্তি
- Duration of the contract : 01 April 2019 to 31 December 2019
- Reporting to : Information Management Delegate
- The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is seeking a Senior Information Management Officer to support the PMO Office in Cox`s Bazar.
- Job Purpose:
- The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is seeking a Senior Information Management (IM) Officer to support the collection, collation, analysis and dissemination of relevant multi-sectoral data and information leading to evidence-based decision making for an effective humanitarian intervention under the Bangladesh Population Movement Operation (PMO).
- Under the supervision of the IM Delegate, the Senior IM Officer will design and implement data collection activities via mobile data collection technology, provide training to volunteers and staff on digital technologies for their work in the field and office, offer quality data management support for registration datasets to provide needed humanitarian aid to the most vulnerable and data consolidation for reporting monitoring of progress and accountability to stakeholders.
- Please note this position requires candidates to have strong experience in Information Management. This is not a technical IT position. Please read the job duties, responsibilities and candidate requirements carefully prior to applying.
- The senior officer will maintain and improve the existing IM system/data base for the response to provide an up-to-date picture of the humanitarian situation by sector/geographic area to facilitate the flow of information from and to the field, report on activities in a timely manner and provide real-time monitoring and plotting of humanitarian needs, action and incidents.
- The senior officer will maintain the existing registration database of 45,000 households to ensure timely and accurate selection of aid for assisted populations under the BDRCS/IFRC/PNS catchment areas.
- The senior officer is responsible to utilize Open Data Kit (ODK) / KoBo tools to develop, encode, train volunteers on and monitor quality of mobile data collection surveys and assessments.
- Monitor data on 4Ws and update information products and maps accordingly using GIS and design software.
- The senior officer will provide regular technical support to the Relief team to successfully implement and monitor the outlined distribution strategies, for both host and guest communities.
- The senior officer will also support the Bangladesh Red Crescent Society and partner national societies with data requests for reporting and decision-making. All activities are in support of the IFRC Sub Office Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh Population Movement Emergency appeal.
- Support the digitization processes and data management for distribution of information to stakeholders to support decision making and reporting.
- Monitoring continuous flow of data from the field
- Analyze gaps in data collection and assist sector leads to resolve them
- Adhering to Red Cross Red Crescent data protection policies
- Keep information products up to date
- Capacity enhancement: Enhancing the Bangladesh Red Crescent Society capacity in data literacy, data management and data skills.
- Support identifying needs, planning, processing and analyzing studies, surveys based on the operation and context.
- Any other request as deemed appropriate or relevant by the line manager
- Relevant degree (minimum bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred) or equivalent experience in Information Management, Computer Science, Geospatial Sciences, Statistics or Social Sciences.
- At least 3 year(s)
- Technical expertise in the use of electronic data collection and/or registration tools
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Access.
- Competent in working with mobile data collection tools (Open Data Kit / KoBo) to design electronic surveys, assessments and other data gathering needs.
- Familiarity with data visualization techniques and design. PowerBI and Tableau experience a plus.
- Working knowledge or familiarity with vector and raster editing software (GIS) such as QGIS, Google Earth or ArcGIS
- Strong organizational skills, methodological and logical approach to tasks and problem solving.
- Experience working with the international Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team working.
- Experience in supporting, coaching and training National Society personnel
- Good presentation and facilitation skills. Ability to organise, analyse large amounts of information. Ability to manage complex and sensitive data.
- Excellent professional communications skills, both verbal and written in both English and Bangla
- Data literate (knowledge of basic statistics, data structures and types)
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Fluent in spoken and written Bangla
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Festival Bonus
- Life & Medical Insurance
- Provident fund
- Medical reimbursement for staff and immediate family of up to 70000 BDT per annum.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting
Read Before Apply
Interested candidates are requested to apply online by 07 March 2019.
Please note that this position will close on 07 March 2019. However, IFRC reserves the right to fill the role prior to
The advertisement end date. As such, candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. The IFRC Country Office in Bangladesh has worked alongside the Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) for more than 30 years in humanitarian fields including disaster management, with a focus on the cyclone early warning and response programme in the coastal belt, and disaster preparedness and response during natural disasters.
The IFRC is an equal opportunity employer
International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.Business : The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, (IFRC) is the world`s largest humanitarian organisation. The IFRC Country Office in Bangladesh has worked alongside the Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) for more than 30 years in humanitarian fields including disaster management, with a focus on the cyclone early warning and response programme in the coastal belt, and disaster preparedness and response during natural disasters.