নিয়োগ বিজ্ঞপ্তি – Assistant CWC Officer (Communication with Communities) – UNHCR
Assistant CWC Officer (Communication with Communities)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Representation in Bangladesh
- Position number : 10028788
- Location : UNHCR Sub Office Cox`s Bazar, Bangladesh
- Duration : Initially for a period of 1 (one) year
- Date of Entry on Duty : as soon as possible
- Category and Level : NOA (Fixed Term Appointment)
Job Description / Responsibility
- Effective and timely support is provided to the formulation of a clear and coherent Communications with Communities (CwC) Strategy, aligned to the overall Community Based Protection Objectives and incorporates a thorough age, gender and diversity (AGD) analysis and reflects the Operation’s and Organization’s global and country level priorities.
- AGD sensitive analysis of community needs and gaps in information and feedback mechanisms provides the essential basis for all of UNHCR’s work.
- In the design and implementation of CwC Strategy and activities, the participation of persons of concern is assured through continuous assessment and evaluation using participatory, rights and community based approaches, which inform protection and assistance programming and ensure that UNHCR meets its commitments to accountability to persons of concern.
- National protection capacities are improved through direct engagement, advocacy and coordination with all relevant agencies and external interlocutors, especially through inter-agency fora.
- Coordination with field based agencies, and internal Unit collaboration is strengthened to ensure harmonised approaches to communicating with communities.
- Be fully informed about community structures and the protection and security situation of the population of concern and develop strong links with a cross-section of members of refugee communities, while ensuing participatory, community-based protection and AGD approaches are included in strategies and plans in the Country Operation.
- Through relationships with persons of concern and network of partners stay abreast of political, social, economic and cultural developments that have an impact on the protection environment and provide advice to senior management. At the same time, ensure the community’s understanding of UNHCR’s commitment to deliver on accountability and quality assurance in its response.
- Ensure that the perspectives, capacities, needs and resources of the persons of concerns are reflected in the Communication with Communities (CwC), Community Based and overall Protection strategies, planning processes and operations plan; addressing the specific protection needs of women and men, children, youth and older persons, persons with disabilities, and marginalized groups.
- Contribute to the delivery of a protection-centred emergency response by ensuring that information and communication priorities are as effectively and efficiently addressed as possible-while analysing information and feedback gaps and needs.
- Support a consultative process with government counterparts at local levels, partners and persons of concern to develop and implement integrated communication strategies that address the key protection priorities, including child protection, education, SGBV, and solutions approaches.
- Advise and support coherent, multi-channel complaints and feedback mechanisms to ensure timely response to community issues and safe referrals of sensitive matters.
- Support the Operation’s endeavours in ensuring that the CwC Strategy is fully integrated in all Sectors within the Inter Sector Coordination Group (ISCG), as well as in UNHCR’s overall protection delivery strategy and operational procedures. This includes providing direct CwC support to UNHCR field teams by analysing information and communication needs and producing and distributing communications tools for the affected population.
- Contribute to the Protection team’s information management component which: provide disaggregated data on populations of concern and their problems; researches, collects and disseminates relevant protection information and good practices to enhance protection delivery and provide technical advice if necessary.
- Provide technical guidance and support to UNHCR and its direct and operational partners, while implementing and overseeing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) on all CwC related issues.
- Ensure through direct action and advocacy with more senior protection staff that the necessary resources are allocated to ensure timely implementation of the Communication with Communities (CwC) Strategy.
- Support the larger Protection team in maintaining protection presence through regular field missions and reports, making direct contact with persons of concern, host communities, local authorities and partners.
- Contribute to the design of the Communication with Communities Strategy (CwC), (in tandem with the Community Based Protection Strategy), project submissions and the budget for endorsement by the Senior Protection Officer or the Representative.
- Coordinate UNHCR’s CwC activities through participation in field level coordination meetings with Government, partners and refugee community.
- Build and strengthen relations with partners working on CwC, by developing and fostering open lines of communication with partners, while maintaining a protection lens/perspective in all CwC activities.
- Undergraduate degree (equivalent of a BA/BS) in International Development, Cultural Studies, Human Rights, International Social Work, Social Science, Political Science, Anthropology, International Law or other clearly related disciplines.
- At least 1 year(s)
- Essential Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experience Required:
- Minimum 1 year professional working experience in the areas of community services, social work (e.g., gender, SGBV programs, women’s empowerment and protection, work with refugees) or/and human rights or related tasks in government, NGO or international organisation.
- Knowledge of local institutions.
- Excellent knowledge of English and local language.
- Desirable Qualifications & Competencies:
- UNHCR learning programmes (PLP).
- Diverse field operational experience.
- Good IT skills including database management skills.
- Proven communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated knowledge of community communication and engagement approaches.
- Understanding of and demonstrated competencies in forced displacement and protection, particularly SGBV prevention and response, child protection, education, gender equality, and the application of the Age, Gender and Diversity Policy.
- Knowledge of Administrative/Financial rules, procedures, processes in the context of UNHCR offices and Field operations and MSRP.
- Knowledge of Chittagonian or/and Rohingya language would be an asset.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for an interview and written test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Application Deadline : Mar 20, 2018
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Representation in BangladeshBusiness : International UN Refugee Agency