জরুরী নিয়োগ বিজ্ঞপ্তি – handicap international
Officer – Information Management (IM) & Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
handicap international (humanity & inclusion) in Bangladesh
- HI has been working in Bangladesh since 1997, with a focus on creating sustainable changes in terms of ensuring rights and inclusion of people with disabilities in society. In Cox Bazar`s district, HI has a strong knowledge and experience in chronic emergency response. HI is providing services in rehabilitation, protection and PSS, with an inclusive mainstreaming approach to refugees and host population. HI works not only with people with disabilities and other vulnerable populations, but also with their families, their communities, and the society, in order to provide sustainability in its action.
- The role of the IM/GIS officer is to ensure the effective and relevant collection, management, analysis and visualization of project and MEAL data, in order to facilitate relevant and effective decision making.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Objective 1: Data Management
- With the MEAL Manager, MEAL SPO, Project and Technical teams, create an effective and adapted data management cycle methodology and ensure its implementation for project and monitoring data
- With the MEAL Manager, MEAL SPO and Project and Technical teams, design effective quantitative and qualitative data collection, management and analysis tools adapted to each project
- Produce methodological documentation and guidelines on data cycle and tools
- Keep updated listings and databases of secondary data available compiled from various sources in-cluding population data, sector 4Ws, zoning/administrative borders, other mapping etc, and share them regularly with the MEAL Manager and MEAL SPO.
- Compile data and analysis from various projects into a common tool and ensure that these are shared regularly with the MEAL Manager and MEAL SPO.
- Objective 2: Mobile Data Collection
- In collaboration with the MEAL Manager and MEAL SPO, ensure the encoding of data collection tools and surveys for MDC using HI’s chosen platform and tools (xlsform based).
- Supervise and provide support on the implementation of the MDC system, including selection of data collection or analysis software and tools, adapting tools, training teams, and general problem solving.
- Objective 3: GIS
- Ensure and provide support for collection of GPS data for HI projects
- Produce GIS shapefiles by referencing static maps, delimited GPS polygon points, selecting features, and dissolving feature boundaries as necessary in order to best represent HI activities
- In collaboration with the MEAL Manager and MEAL SPO, procure project documentation and support necessary to create and modify GIS shapefiles
- Provide documentation, e.g. codebook, to provide information about attributes created and modified through shapefile creation or modification
- Regularly share created maps with the MEAL Manager and MEAL SPO.
- Objective 4: Training/Reporting/Management
- Work with the MEAL Manager and MEAL SPO to develop a capacity building plan and provide adapted trainings for data management assistants under the direct line management of the IM-GIS Officer
- Plan and provide trainings for project and MEAL teams on various topics including general IM princi-ples, GIS principles, data collection, survey and assessment, data entry, database cleaning, data management, mapping, etc.
- Provide field visit reports as needed
- Send weekly and monthly reports with data analysis and mapping depicting relevant project infor-mation to MEAL Manager and MEAL SPO
- Closely coordinate with other MEAL team and project team members to ensure harmonization be-tween MEAL, Project and Information Management strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field: Statistics, Information management, Computer Science, etc. or at least one year of work experience in a related discipline.
- At least 3 year(s)
- Experience in community work with previous experience in project IM and GIS, preferably with an NGO in Cox’s Bazar.
- At least 2 years experience in IM, and at least 1 year experience in GIS
- Languages: English, Bangla (Chittagonian a plus)
- IT skills:
- Excellent knowledge of Excel necessary, knowledge of VBA a plus
- Good knowledge of other Office software: Word, Powerpoint Outlook,
- Mobile data collection and mobile mapping tools (Kobo, SurveyCTO, MapsMe, SW Maps etc.)
- Coding in XLSform and other open source languages
- Excellent knowledge of ArcGIS and/or QGIS, Google Earth and
- Personal qualities: Willingness, ability to work under pressure, takes initiative, reliable, honest, very good organization, attention to detail, resistance to stress, good interpersonal skills (communication), team player
Cox’s Bazar (Ukhia)
- Tk. 64000
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.The deadline to receive the applications is 15th April 2018 until 12h A.M.
Please indicate the name of the position in the subject line of the email.
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Any sort of persuasion by person, phone, email or other means in this regard will automatically disqualify the candidate.
The selected employee should clearly understand that all final offers of employment are contingent upon the successful reference check, pre- employment screening will be performed for all selected applicants.
Application Deadline : Apr 20, 2018
handicap international (humanity & inclusion) in BangladeshAddress : House # SW (F) 1/A, Road # 04, Gulshan – 1, Dhaka-1212.Business : handicap international (humanity & inclusion) is an independent international aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We are currently operating in over 60 countries and have more than 3500 employees worldwide.
Over the years, our organisation has developed considerable expertise and a wide range of activities for addressing the essential needs of people with disabilities and other vulnerable people, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.