Vancancy – Project Manager – (Programme) handicap international
- Department/Function : Programme
- Direct Manager : Operation Coordinator NEXUS
- Overall objective: The Project Manager responsible for overall management, coordination and implementa-tion of the project `Promoting Responsible Fatherhood to Safeguard Maternal` in Cox`s Bazar District. He/she contributes towards the capitalization of experience gained from the project. The project will be implemented in close collaboration with other HI projects in the Cox`s Bazar region and similar group of participants.
- Position under Organization Chart: Operational Coordinator- NEXUS
- Under supervision of Operation Coordinator NEXUS
- Job Dimensions:
- Number of people under supervision : Direct : 1, Indirect: 8
- Financial responsibilities : Cox`s Bazar long term project budget
- (Budgets or projects) : Cox`s Bazar long term project
- Impact of the role to the organization : Implementation of donor funded projects in Cox`s Bazar area
- Key interfaces : Project implementation , Internal & external coordination, reporting
Job Description / Responsibility
- LEAD OVERALL MANAGEMENT OF THE PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION.
- Be in charge of the implementation of the project following the project cycle management steps in close collaboration with the stakeholders and local authorities;
- Develop project annual plan and monitor the indicators according to the monitoring tools in col-laboration with the coordinators (technical and operational);
- Lead in the design and implementation of the project activities;
- Ensure availability of technical support to the project staff by ensuring adherence HI standards;
- Organize technical support mission from HI Head Quarters and/ or international experts with the support of the operational and/or technical coordinator;
- Develop partnerships with different public or private local partners, and facilitate the creation of networks in the field of sexual and reproductive health issues;
- Prepare project evaluations and implement recommendations that come from the evaluation and or support missions.
- ENSURE AVAILABILITY AND EFFECTIVE USE OF FINANCIAL, LOGISTIC AND MATERIAL RESOURCES FOR IMPLEMENTATION OF PROJECT ACTIVITIES.
- Develop and manage the annual budget plan and monitor the project related expenses;
- Prepare the cash flow forecast/requests for submission to the Finance team;
- Review Budget Follow Up of the project expenses and submit feed backs to the finance team as necessary and take necessary actions to maintain appropriate burn rate of the budget;
- Analyze any financial differences, anticipate the spending and propose budget adjustments as deemed necessary;
- Participate in the procurement plan and logistical management of the project in conjunction with the logistics team;
- Control the expenses and respect the HI procurement procedures;
- Review financial report of the project and ensure that the report meets the donor and HI compli-ance.
- ENSURE EFFECTIVE TEAM MANAGEMENT
- Prepare Job Descriptions, Participate in the recruitment of new team members and validation of team member recruitment as necessary.
- Develop/Validate HR management tools for the project team e.g. JD, leave, end of probation, co-validate disciplinary measures with HR/Support Services Coordinator;
- Provide proper orientation and follow up to the team and the community worker/volunteers as and when newly recruited and on need basis on Project implementation, how to engage with beneficiaries, especially with children, adolescent and women, in line with PSEA, child protection and other relevant policies;
- Supervise and lead the project team including community volunteers.
- Ensure individual action plan, carry out mid-term and annual performance appraisal of the su-pervisee;
- Oversee the team’s career development, define training needs and provide guidance on profes-sional development;
- Plan, prepare and chair project team meetings;
- Ensure efficient communication amongst the team members;
- Ensure strict application and respect of the Internal Rules and Regulation by her/his related staff;
- Guarantee the access for the team to methods, technical aspects useful for the project implementation (training, documentation).
- ESTABLISH AND MAINTAIN LINKAGES WITH PROJECT STAKEHOLDERS, PARTNERSHIP MANAGEMENT, REPORTING, DONOR COMPLIANCE AND REPRESENTATION.
- Maintain networking and communication with all relevant non/government counterparts, devel-opment partners, forums, networks, civil society and private sectors as appropriate;
- Develop formal and informal relationship, collaboration with different public or private local stakeholders;
- Represent the organization in various forums related to the project framework;
- Liaise with technical advisors in the development of terms of references and project documents;
- Communicate on the project activities with all department and HI staff through internal commu-nication tools;
- Represent HI at project coordination level as required (i.e. donors’ visits, other INGOs/NGOs, local and national institutions, etc.);
- Ensure submission of good quality internal and donor reports submitted as per agreed and defined timeframe.
- CONTRIBUTE TOWARDS THE CAPITALIZATION OF EXPERIENCE
- Lead feasibility studies, exploratory missions, needs assessments, research, etc. conducted in Cox’s Bazar District in collaboration with the technical advisers;
- Collect necessary data using criteria and indicators established by the project;
- Participate in analyzing the collected data, communicate and disseminate results to project stakeholders;
- Lead the capitalization of the activities and the methods used during the project and organize a workshop to share the experiences gained from the project as necessary.
- ENSURE IMPLEMENTATION NEW M&E POLICY OF HANDICAP INTERNATIONAL
- Ensure compliance of implementation of M&E policies of HI and ensure that PM Box is developed for the project;
- Lead in preparation and submission of periodic reports to the senior management as per the agreed type of reports and timeline;
- Organize quarterly and annual project review meetings and implement recommendations that come from the review;
- Organize quarterly monitoring reviews of the project and ensure regular reporting of the project respecting deadlines.
- ADHERENCE TO RISK MANAGEMENT POLICIES OF HI
- He/she commits to respect risk management policies of Handicap International including: policy on the protection of beneficiaries against exploitation and sexual abuse, the child protection pol-icy.
- He/she commits to ensure the best possible implementation of the risk management policies of Handicap International during the development of project activities, by Handicap International staff as well as by any other stakeholder intervening towards children in the frame of the project.
- He/she informs his/her supervisors regarding any case, claim, or possibility of transgression, even potential of the risk management policies of Handicap International.
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences / Gender Studies / Disability and Development / Humanitarian studies;
- At least 3 year(s)
- At least 3 years of development/humanitarian project management experience;
- At least one year work experience in project on women’s health – Sexual and reproductive health, family planning etc;
- Experience of collaboration with Government’s primary health care center and workers;
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and quantitative skills, and ability to use data to inform program develop-ment and strategy;
- Knowledge of the legislation and policies addressing sexual and reproductive health issues in Bangladesh;
- Facilitation skills (facilitation of training, awareness session, communication with community)
- Ability to lead the team, plan ahead and output oriented;
- Experience of Behavioral Change Communication (BCC) Materials development.
- Knowledge of accountability mechanisms (project and team levels);
- Good communication skills in both verbal and written in Bangla and English;
- Computer knowledge (MS office package in English);
- Clinical degree or diploma (nurse, midwife or doctor), or Public Health degree;
- Able to identify and comfortably pursue high-impact tactics in complex, and continuously evolving environ-ments;
- Knowledge of rehabilitation and disability issues, HI policies and procedures;
- Availability to travel to remote areas and spend time at field level.
- Experience of working effectively with civil society, Government, I/NGOs.
- Computer knowledge (MS office package both in English and Bangla)
- Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the deserving person. In addition, HI offers PF, Gratuity, Bonus, medical benefit, Life Insurance, etc.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting
Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Any persuasion will disqualify the candidates.
Please indicate Job tittle in the subject line of the email while applying.
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply and they will be preferred in case of equal qualifications with other candidates.
Application Deadline : Mar 30, 2018
handicap international (humanity & inclusion) in BangladeshAddress : House # SW (F) 1/A, Road # 04, Gulshan – 1, Dhaka-1212.Business : handicap international (humanity & inclusion) is an independent international aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We are currently operating in over 60 countries and have more than 3500 employees worldwide.
Over the years, our organisation has developed considerable expertise and a wide range of activities for addressing the essential needs of people with disabilities and other vulnerable people, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.