Job Vacancy – Site Operations Manager (Expatriate contract) – Danish Refugee Council
- Provide operational support, coordination, supervision and monitoring designed to meet program objectives related to works on sites.
- Danish Refugee Council, one of the world`s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for qualified Site Operations Manager for our shelter and infrastructure operations in the selected zones of Kutupalong expansion site.
- Contract length: We offer 3 months contract
- This position I placed at Grade A Level 14
- The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world`s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. DRC have been operational within the Rohingya response in Cox`s Bazar since November 2017, and are scaling up operations in 2018 to meet the emergency and longer-term needs of refugees and host communities. DRC currently work in the sectors of protection, site management (CCCM), shelter, WASH and longer-term support to host communities.
- The Site Operations Manager main responsibility is to provide guidance and Management to DRC staff in the area of operation in the selected zones of Kutupalong expansion site. The Operations include; care and maintenance of the shelters, plots and infrastructures, DRR work and remedial site planning including earthworks and strategic and technical input to overall plans and advocacy towards the government for improvement of the safety of the site, and any other operation related activity as per camp management staff instructions which may also include NFI distributions.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Daily management and supervision of the Site Operations Team(s) – staff and cash for work/volunteers; including recruitment of team members and capacity building, and potential contractors
- Organize and oversee general or targeted distributions as required, ensuring accountability and compliance with DRC standards
- Establish a system for the maintenance of camp sites handling issues such as garbage, pest control, drainage, access routes (bridges, paths), earthworks/land retention and provide the link with the WASH sector
- Design/implementation of communal infrastructure and shelter works
- Provide relevant inputs for programme planning
- Plan and oversee activity of cash for work/ volunteers to ensure smooth, reliable and effective implementation of any construction or maintenance works undertaken by DRC on the sites
- Ensure compliance through timely and accurate provision of supporting documentation required by Finance and Procurement departments
- Drafting detailed SOPs regarding the most relevant operational procedures, including division of responsibilities between DRC units
- Work with all Site Operations field staff to ensure smooth introduction and adoption of operational systems
- Assist teams in understanding their roles and responsibilities in terms of interaction with the Camp Management, Logistics and Procurement Department
- Support, appraise and develop the capacity of Site Operations field teams
- Support in drafting of relevant technical reports and assessments for internal and external use
- Lead or participate in assessments as required
- Support program standardization and sharing of experiences, lessons learned, and best practices across DRC-supported sites and with other agencies
- Coordinate with the logistics department to ensure timely delivery of project materials on sites
- Support the camp management staff in the day to day management as requested
- Ensure the observance of the DRC Code of Conduct throughout activity implementation
- Consistently demonstrate flexibility, resilience and ability to maintain positive relationships and composure, even under difficult circumstances
- Maintain high ethical standards and treat people with respect and dignity
- Any other duties as agreed with the line manager.
- Tertiary qualification in relevant field Engineering, Logistics, Social Science
- At least 3 year(s)
- To be successful in this role we expect the following:
- A minimum of 3 years’ field experience in a similar position in a refugee or IDP settlements;
- Field experience in site planning, DRR, CCCM and/or Shelter and WASH works;
- Experience with project management;
- Team Player;
- Relevant ‘on the job’ capacity building experience for DRC site operations staff;
- Flexibility and capacity of adaptation to a changing working environment;
- Proven capacity of coordinating with other humanitarian agencies and local authorities
- Strong reporting skills
- Proficiency in English
- In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council`s Terms of Employment for expatriate staff.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting
Please note: Interviews will be held on rolling basis due to urgency and DRC reserves the right to close this recruitment before the advertisement date if a suitable candidate is identified before then.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
Start date: Immediately
Attached is the link to apply for the position
Application Deadline : Apr 1, 2018