জরুরী নিয়োগ বিজ্ঞপ্তি – Host Community Outreach Team Leader (Danish Refugee Council)
Host Community Outreach Team Leader (National Contact)
Danish Refugee Council
- Follow up on community activities to ensure full participation of women, vulnerable individuals and youth.
- Danish Refugee Council, one of the world`s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for qualified Host Community Outreach Team Leader to carry out its Host Community Programme activities in Ukhia Upazila
- The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world`s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. DRC have been operational within the Rohingya response in Cox`s Bazar since November 2017, and are scaling up operations in 2018 to meet the emergency and longer-term needs of refugees and host communities. DRC currently work in the sectors of protection, site management (CCCM), shelter, WASH and longer-term support to host communities.
- The Community Outreach Team Leader is responsible for leading the outreach team and coordinating DRCs work in the host communities (HC) in Ukhia with both host community and the refugee population to raise awareness of the DRC Community Centres and mobilise the communities to access services, as well as facilitate the communities to develop and execute community action plans. This includes creating work plans for the team and ensuring consistent and quality implementation according to the project documents, and reporting progress and challenges to the Programme Manager.
- Designation of Duty Station: Anywhere in Cox Bazar
- Contract length: We offer 6 months contract with extension dependent on performance and funding
Job Description / Responsibility
- Responsible to liaise with and build strong relationships with the local authorities in Ukhia and Cox Bazar.
- Daily management of the outreach teams (2) working in HC in Ukhia.
- Monitor the project progress against the project work plans and monitor the results and outputs against the project log frame.
- Create work plans for the outreach teams and ensure timely and quality implementation of the outreach components of the project.
- Liaise with other DRC departments for the design of appropriate outreach messaging, for example the protection department.
- Support the outreach teams in the planning and execution of community led projects/action plans – including work plans and simple budget planning and monitoring.
- Engage in coordination with other NGOs and humanitarian actors in the area of operation.
- Establish relationship with the HC/refugee community, inform and advise them on services and assistance available from DRC and other service providers.
- In case of identification of vulnerable individuals and persons with specific needs that are not already being addressed by relevant organisations, report and follow up on relevant service provision for these individuals.
- In case of identification of unaccompanied minors or elderly or disabled, take full note of their details and report to the Programme Manager for referral to relevant agency.
- Report abuses and rights violations that may take place in the communities for referral to relevant agencies.
- Respect the principle of confidentiality and do no harm at all times.
- Be prepared to assist the Emergency Team in or outside the camp in case of emergency response to extreme weather conditions during cyclone and rainy season.
- Ensure compliance with safety SOPs, MOSS, etc., for example, keeping abreast of relevant documentation and procedures;
- Deliver both on-the-job training to Assistants and officer, ensuring understanding of Code of conduct, human rights, community based approach, and basic project management
- Report to the Host Community Programme Manager daily on progress and challenges verbally, as well as a weekly written report.
- Other duties assigned by the HC Programme Manager.
- At least 5 year(s)
- To be successful in this role we expect the following:
- 5 years experience working with an INGO
- 2 years experience with managing a team in humanitarian programming
- Willingness to live and work in a challenging environment with limited resources
- High understanding of Community Based Programming principles and practice
- Strong reporting skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong experience with government liaising
- Ability to communicate in written English
- Fluency in Bangla
- Chittagonian – desirable
- Good knowledge of English
- In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council`s Terms of Employment for National Staff in Bangladesh
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting
Interview to be held on a rolling basis due to urgency.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
Attached is the link to apply for the position
Start date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline : Mar 25, 2018
Danish Refugee CouncilAddress : Cox?s Hilton Hotel, Block- B, Plot- 25, Kolatoli Road, Cox?s Bazar.Web : WWW.DRC.NGO