জরুরী নিয়োগ বিজ্ঞপ্তি – Protection Associate (UNHCR)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Representation in Bangladesh
- VACANCY NOTICE VA/TA/008/2018
- FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- UNHCR Bangladesh invites applications from the qualified candidates for the following position:
- Title of the Post : Protection Associate
- : UNOPS
- Location : UNHCR Sub Office, Cox`s Bazar, Bangladesh
- Number of vacancies : 5 (five)
- Duration : Initially for a period of 3 months
- Date of Entry on Duty : as soon as possible
- Category and Level : LICA6 (equivalent to G6)
Job Description / Responsibility
- The protection of populations of concern is met through the application of International and National Law, relevant UN/UNHCR protection standards and IASC principles.
- Protection activities are guided by the UNHCR country protection strategy.
- The participation of persons of concern is facilitated through continuous assessment and evaluation using participatory, rights and community based approaches.
- Protection incidents are immediately identified and reported.
- Stay abreast of political, social, economic and cultural developments that have an impact on the protection environment.
- Consistently apply International and National Law and applicable UN/UNHCR and IASC policy, standards and codes of conduct.
- Assist in providing comments on existing and draft legislation related to persons of concern.
- Provide advice on protection issues to persons of concern; liaise with competent authorities to ensure the issuance of personal and other relevant documentation.
- Assist in conducting eligibility and status determination for persons of concern.
- Contribute to measures to identify, prevent and reduce statelessness.
- Contribute to a country-level child protection plan as part of the protection strategy.
- Contribute to a country-level education plan as part of the protection strategy.
- Monitor Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all protection/solutions activities.
- Manage individual protection cases including those on SGBV and child protection. Monitor, and intervene in cases of refoulement, expulsion and other protection incidents.
- Assist in identifying durable solutions for the largest possible number of persons of concern through voluntary repatriation, local integration and where appropriate, resettlement.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and evaluation of protection related AGD based programming with implementing and operational partners.
- Contribute to effective information management through the provision of disaggregated data on populations of concern and their problems.
- Participate in initiatives to capacitate authorities, relevant institutions and NGOs to strengthen national protection related legislation and procedures.
- Prioritize persons of concern for interview, counselling and propose protection support for individual cases.
- Enforce compliance of local implementing partners with global protection policies and standards of professional integrity in the delivery of protection services.
- Enforce compliance with, and integrity of, all protection standard operating procedures.
- Submit individual payments request for persons of concern for approval.
- Completion of Secondary School. Additional certificate/training in International Law, Political Science or related field is required.
- At least 6 year(s)
- Minimum of 6 years previous relevant job experience, preferably in humanitarian settings.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
- Good computer skills.
- Completed Protection Learning Programme.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for an interview and written test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Application Deadline : Mar 19, 2018
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Representation in BangladeshBusiness : International UN Refugee Agency