নিয়োগ বিজ্ঞপ্তি – Senior Protection Assistant -UNHCR
Senior Protection Assistant
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Representation in Bangladesh
- VACANCY NOTICE VA/TA/009/2018
- FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- UNHCR Bangladesh invites applications from the qualified candidates for the following position:
- Title of the Post : Senior Protection Assistant
- : UNOPS
- Location : UNHCR Sub Office, Cox`s Bazar, Bangladesh
- Number of vacancies : 2 (two)
- Duration : Initially for a period of 3 months
- Date of Entry on Duty : as soon as possible
- Category and Level : LICA 5 (equivalent to G5)
Job Description / Responsibility
- The protection of populations of concern is met through the application of International and National Law relevant UN/UNHCR protection standards and IASC principles.
- Protection activities are guided by the UNHCR country protection strategy.
- The participation of persons of concern is facilitated through supporting participatory, rights and community based approaches.
- Support is provided to identify and report protection incidents.
- Consistently apply International and National Law and applicable UN/UNHCR and IASC policy, standards and codes of conduct.
- Provide counselling on protection issues to persons of concern; liaise with competent authorities to ensure the issuance of personal and other relevant documentation.
- Support activities in protection related AGD based programming with implementing and operational partners.
- Conduct preliminary information gathering and interviews in support of eligibility, status determination, durable solutions and social needs assessment.
- Contribute to measures to identify, prevent and reduce statelessness.
- Contribute to a country-level child protection plan as part of the protection strategy.
- Contribute to a country-level education plan for persons of concern as part of the protection strategy.
- Monitor Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all protection/solutions activities.
- Participate in individual protection case management including cases of SGBV and child protection. Monitor and report on cases of refoulement, expulsion and other protection incidents.
- Assist in identifying durable solutions for persons of concern in voluntary repatriation, local integration and where appropriate, resettlement.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and evaluation of protection related AGD based programming with implementing and operational partners.
- Assist in drafting reports, routine correspondence, updating relevant databases and compiling statistics for the protection unit / section.
- Contribute to initiatives to enhance national and local protection capacities.
- Select persons of concern for preliminary interviews and decide which relevant information to share.
- Enforce integrity in the delivery of protection services by local implementing partners.
- Completion of secondary school. Additional Training courses in protection related issues.
- At least 4 year(s)
- Job experience relevant to the function: 4 years.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language
- Good computer skills.
- Completed Protection Learning Programme.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for an interview and written test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Application Deadline : Mar 19, 2018
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Representation in BangladeshBusiness : International UN Refugee Agency