নিয়োগ বিজ্ঞপ্তি – Senior Nutrition Associate – UNHCR
Senior Nutrition Associate
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Representation in Bangladesh
- Position number : 10028097
- Location : UNHCR Sub Office Cox`s Bazar, Bangladesh
- Duration : Initially for a period of 1 (one) year
- Date of Entry on Duty : as soon as possible
- Category and Level : G7 (Fixed Term Appointment)
Job Description / Responsibility
- UNHCR’s operation has sufficient technical support in the field of Nutrition thus better able to meet the needs of persons of concern.
- Provide advice on and develop nutrition objectives and priority activities in accordance with international standards for the refugee camps.
- Monitor and evaluate Nutrition programmes against standard UNHCR and international indicators to ensure that programmes are evidence-based and implemented in a comprehensive and cost-effective manner.
- Monitor nutrition programmes.
- Apply various mechanisms and tools to ensure proper monitoring of nutrition programmes.
- Undertake Data analysis and interpretation.
- Support periodic nutrition surveys.
- Undertake regular missions to camps in order to support, monitor and evaluate the implementation of nutrition activities to ensure quality services that meet the needs of UNHCR’s persons of concern using the UNHCR Public Health and HIV Monitoring Toolkit as a guide.
- Provide technical support and guidance to implementing/operational partners where required; and support implementing partners to implement nutrition strategies including anaemia, infant and young child feeding, micro-nutrient deficiencies. etc.
- Regularly provide updates to the Nutrition Officer on the nutrition situation in the camps for sharing with donors, external actors and other UN agencies.
- Support nutrition focal points and coordinators to develop training plan, organize and act as resource persons in workshops and training both in-service (formal) and on the job (coaching) Provide on the job training of IP health staff on nutrition.
- Advocate, inform, and communicate amongst stakeholders to ensure that the nutritional needs and status of refugees and other persons of concern at UNHCR are appropriately addressed.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Represent UNHCR in monitoring of activities, meetings and fora related to the nutrition functions.
- Completion of Secondary School Education with post-secondary training/certificate in Nutrition or related fields.
- At least 11 year(s)
- Minimum 11 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of UNHCR programming.
- Excellent computer skills (in MS office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English and local language.
- Desirable Qualifications & Competencies:
- Experience in refugee or humanitarian settings.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for an interview and written test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Application Deadline : Mar 20, 2018
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Representation in BangladeshBusiness : International UN Refugee Agency